Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential. 2000.
“Bobby was noisily rear-ending the bride. She was bent obligingly over a fifty-five gallon drum, her gown hiked up over her hips. Bobby’s apron was up, resting over her back as he pumped away furiously, the young woman’s eyes rolled up into her head, mouth whispering, “Yess, yess… good… good…”
While her new groom and family chewed happily on their flounder fillets and deep-fried scallops just a few yards away in the Dreadnaught dining room, here was the blushing bride, getting an impromptu send-off from a total stranger.
And I knew then, dear reader, for the first time: I wanted to be a chef.”
- ‘Chef is just a job description’ (thehindu.com)
- Book Review: Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook: Anthony Bourdain: Amazon.com: Books (chimac.net)
- A List of Anthony Bourdain Quotes (sobieralskifamilyfunzone.wordpress.com)
- Kitchen Confidential (tollattheendoftheuniverse.wordpress.com)
- Warm Crap In A Bag: Does Anthony Bourdain Really Affect How People Think About Food? (gadling.com)